Celebrities or Bollywood stars endorsing brands and featuring in advertisements is a done thing these days. From Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover promoting safe sex in a condom ad to Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli endorsing Mayanvar clothing – brands with celeb associations is an instant click with the audience. However, today we take a walk back to glance at some vintage ads featuring Celebrities – from the classic artwork to those vintage styles!
11 Vintage Bollywood Ads
1. Amjad Khan promoting Glucose-D (1975). Gabbar Singh in Glucose-D ad was an interesting and fun concept – almost like when Gabbar is endorsing something, you better buy it!
2. Lux is the brand, which always goes for eternal beauties of the era with their path-breaking creative ideas in 70’s Taglines like “Rekha wants only the best for her complexion” and “Sridevi loves the way Lux takes care of her Complexion” created a lot of buzz in the ’80’s when these ads released.
3. Prem Chopra’s cooler side in a Hair Cream Ad in the ’70’s. One of Bollywood’s most favorite bad men – Prem Chopra campaigning for hair cream in this ad with a very catchy tagline “Stay cool, Stay Smart… Be Modern”.
5. The legendary Ashok Kumar in an ad for Prudent toothpaste! The man who added class to the Hindi Bollywood films and ruled millions of hearts with his charismatic onscreen appearances and personality.
9. Sangeeta Bijlani in Nirma washing powder Ad. All of us have grown up listening to this advertisement song “Washing powder Nirma”. Its been ages and still the lyrics of the songs have not changed much.
I hope you liked this article and if you did then share with your friends.