What’s not to love about Shah Rukh Khan – his charm, his wit, his sense of humor, his dimpled smile, that he is a self made man and of course the fact that every time he comes on screen – our love for him only multiplies!
And as the King of Romance celebrates his 52nd Birthday, we tell you 25 times he made us fall in love with him! Here goes…
1. When he broke into our drawing rooms as the charming Lt. Abhimanyu Rai in the hit 80’s television show ‘Fauji’.
2. When he smiled and his dimples made an entire nation of girls swoon.
4. When he went against the tide chose to play the anti-hero in ‘Baazigar’ and ‘Darr’.
5. When he crooned ‘Chaiya Chaiya’ and danced atop a train in Dil Se.
6. When he tugged at our heartstrings with his heartwarming portrayal of Sunil in Kundan Shah’s ‘Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa’.
7. When his goofiness in ‘Yes Boss’ made him all the more endearing!
8. When he essayed the romantic hero like no one else before – Raj in ‘Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge’.
9. When he said “Bade bade shehro mein aisi choti choti baatein hoti rehti hain Senorita” in ‘Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge’.
10. When Raj looked at Simran walk away and said, “Agar yeh tujhe pyar karti hai toh yeh palat ke dekhegi … palat … palat!”
11. When he stood in the yellow mustard fields in DDLJ and did his signature pose with his arms wide open!
13. When he said “Aur Paas… Aur Paas” and drew Madhuri Dixit closer to him in that intensely romantic scene from ‘Dil Toh Pagal Hain’.
14. When he was Mohan Bhargava in ‘Swades’, flooring us with his earthy handsome looks and superb performance.
15. When we saw him share a simmering chemistry with Gayatri in ‘Swades’ especially in that dhoti wearing scene! Made all the romantics sigh!
17. When he shed his shirt and did the item boy jig in ‘Dard-e Disco’ sporting his toned 6-pack abs!
22. When he gave his first Ted Talk and almost every quote was a bestseller!
23. When he spouted philosophy as Dr. Jehangir Khan in Dear Zindagi
24. When he is the doting father to all his kids, especially his pictures with Abram breaking the internet!
25. When he takes controversies head on and delivers gems like “I am not bisexual, I am Trisexual. I try everything!” or “Whenever I start feeling too arrogant about myself, I always take a trip to the US. The immigrant guys kick the star out my stardom.”
What do you love most about Shah Rukh Khan? Tell us in the comments below.