The Indian film industry is a prolific one with among the most number of releases in year. And among them – Bollywood movies have their roots deep down touching the hearts of the many around the globe. And while the hardcore Bollywood buff will countdown days and weeks to their favorite film, it is always important for one to update their movie IQ with the upcoming Bollywood releases in order to plan those perfect weekends and ideal dates!
The second half of the year 2017 begins and it is time that we take a look at the Bollywood movies that are yet to shine on the silver screen.
Best Upcoming Bollywood movies of 2017
Directed by Anurag Basu, Jagga Jasoos is a musical romantic comedy that is accompanied by a lot adventures. The film has been shot in Cape Town, SA and is known to have around 20 songs. The plot revolves around a teenage detective by who is in search of his father.
- Cast: Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, Adah Sharma
- Release Date: 14 July 2017
Film Maker, Madhur Bhandarkar is all set to shine the silver screen with his political drama, Indu Sarkar. The film is set in the period of emergency in India.
- Cast: Kirti Kulhari, Neil Nitin Mukesh, Anupam Kher
- Release Date: 14 July 2017
Saif Ali Khan starrer, Chef is the official remake of Jon Favreau’s 2014 film, Chef. The plot revolves around the life of a chef who rediscovers his passion for cooking. The movie is directed by Raja Krishna Menon.
- Cast: Saif Ali Khan
- Release Date: 6 October 2017
Munna Michael is the story of a young boy who is a huge fan of Michael Jackson. The plot is completely justified with the casting of Tiger Shroff in the lead role considering his smashing dance moves. Directed by Sabbir Khan, the movie marks the debut of Nidhhi Agerwal.
- Cast: Tiger Shroff, Nidhhi Agerwal, Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Release Date: 21 July 2017
Aneez Bazmee’s directorial venture, Mubarakan is a multi-starrer comedy flick. Arjun Kapoor plays a double role in the movie.
- Cast: Anil Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor, Ileana D’Cruz, Athiya Shetty, Neha Sharma
- Release Date: 28 July 2017
Secret Superstar is the story of a child aspiring to be a singer. Directed by Advait Chandan, the film is all set to hit the silver screen soon.
- Cast: Aamir Khan, Meher Vij, Zaira Wasim
- Release Date: 20 October 2017
Jab Harry Met Sejal
One of the most awaited film of the year, Harry met Sejal is directed by Imtiaz Ali. The film is currently being shot in some of the most places in Europe. With Imtiaz’s story telling skills and Shah Rukh Khan’s on screen presence, this movie is expected to hypnotize the audience with its romantic genre.
- Cast: Shah Rukh Khan, Anushka Sharma
- Release Date: 4 August 2017
Toilet Ek Prem Katha
Shree Narayan Singh has directed this satirical comedy film starring Akshay Kumar in the lead. The film supports the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, initialized by the Indian Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi. The plot emphasizes on the reduction of open defecation in public areas.
- Cast: Akshay Kumar, Bhumi Pednekar
- Release Date: 11 August 2017
Also Read – Iconic Bollywood roles played by Kajol
Shraddha Kapoor will be seen playing the title character, Haseena Parker in Apoorva Lakhia’s biopic, Haseena Parker. Interestingly, Siddhanth Kapoor (brother of Shraddha Kapoor) will be seen playing the character of Dawood Ibrahim.
- Cast: Shraddha Kapoor, Siddhanth Kapoor
- Release Date: 18 August 2017
Shubh Mangal Savdhan
- Cast: Ayushmaan Khurana, Bhumi Pednekar
- Release Date: 1 September 2017
Directed by Hansal Mehta who has delivered remarkable movies like Shahid in the past, Simran is a story of a Gujarati woman living the US. Kangana Ranaut plays the title character, Simran in the film. With the outstanding director and actor combination, a lot is expected from this film.
- Cast: Kangana Ranaut
- Release Date: 15 September 2017
Judwaa 2 is the remake of the Bollywood blockbuster Judwaa starring Salman Khan. The film is expected to surpass the comedy cracks of the original film as it is being directed by the director of the first movie, David Dhawan.
- Cast: Varun Dhawan, Jaqueline Fernandez, Tapsee Pannu
- Release Date: 29 September 2017
The wait for the next film in the Golmaal franchise is finally over. The fourth film of the franchise is all set to release this year. A lot is expected from this film considering the comic timing by the director, Rohit Shetty.
- Cast: Ajay Devgan, Tushar Kapoor, Parineeti Chopra
- Release Date: 19 October 2017
The period drama film by Sanjay Leela Bhansali has been the talk of the town for a long time. The film is the historical interpretation of the life of Rani Padmavati. It will be interesting to watch Shahid Kapoor in a Sanjay Leela Bhansali film sharing the screen with Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh.
- Cast: Ranveer Singh, Shahid Kapoor, Deepika Padukone
- Release Date: 17 November 2017
- Cast: Vidya Balan
- Release Date: 1 December 2017
Tiger Zinda Hai
Tiger Zinda Hai is one of the awaited Bollywood movie of the year. The announcement of the film itself got the audience excited. The collaboration between Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif after a long time in the directorial venture of Ali Abbas Zafar is being talked about everywhere.
- Cast: Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif
- Release Date: 22 December 2017
Which is movie is your pick for the year 2017? Share it with us in the comments section.